Kedutaan Besar Republik Indonesia
Ottawa
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
Ambassade de la RÉpublique d'Indonésie

Internet Users in Indonesia Exceeds 50 Percent, Study Says

Internet illustration. Bgr.com

TEMPO.COJakarta - The Association of Internet Services Providers of Indonesia (APJII) released a study on statistics of internet users and users’ behaviours in Indonesia. The study revealed that more than 50 percent of 256.2 million Indonesians, which equals to 132.7 million people, are active internet users.

“Around 65 percent of the total number or around 86.3 internet users are located in Java,” APJII stated in the report on Monday, October 24, 2016.

Meanwhile, the other internet users mainly located in Sumatera with 20.8 million users, followed by Bali and Nusa Tenggara with 6.1 million users, Kalimantan (7.6 million users), Sulawesi (8.4 million users), Maluku and Papua (3.3 million users).

“Around 52.5 percent of the total internet users are male and the other 47.5 percent are female,” APJII added.

In terms of age, the largest number of users came from the 20-24 years old category with 24 million users.

LARISSA HUDA

Link: http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2016/10/25/310814925/Internet-Users-in-Indonesia-Exceeds-50-Percent-Study-Says