The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or ASEAN, was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok, Thailand, with the signing of the ASEAN Declaration (Bangkok Declaration) by the Founding Fathers of ASEAN, namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
Brunei Darussalam then joined on 7 January 1984, Viet Nam on 28 July 1995, Lao PDR and Myanmar on 23 July 1997, and Cambodia on 30 April 1999, making up what is today the ten Member States of ASEAN.
Click here for more information on ASEAN.
- 24th ASEAN Summit Chairman’s Statement
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers Statement on the Current Developments in the South China Sea
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers Statement on the Development in Thailand
- Joint Statement of 10th Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area Summit (10th BIMP-EAGA Summit)
- Joint Statement of 8th Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT)
- Nay Pyi Taw Declaration-24th ASEAN Summit
- Statement by H.E. U Thein Sein at the 24th ASEAN Summit Opening Ceremony
- Chairman’s Statement of the 20th ASEAN Regional Forum
- Chairman’s Statement of the 3rd East Asia Summit Foreign Ministers Meeting
- Chairman’s Statement of the ASEAN Post Ministerial Conference (PMC) 10+1 Sessions with the Dialogur Partners
- Chaitman’s Statement of the 14th ASEAN plus Three Foreign Ministers Meeting
- Joint Communique 46th ASEAN Foreign Ministers Meeting
- Plan of Action to Strenghten the Implementation of The Treaty in the Southeast Asia Nuclear Weapon Free Zone
- ASEAN’s Concept Paper on Global Movement of Moderates
- Phnom Penh Agenda For ASEAN Community Building
- Phnom Penh Declaration on ASEAN: One Community, One Destiny
- Statement by the Chairman of ASEAN on the 45th Anniversary of ASEAN: The Way Forward, Phnom Penh, 4 April 2012
- ASEAN Leaders’ Joint Statement in Enhancing Cooperation Against Trafficking in Persons in Southeast Asia
- ASEAN Leaders’ Joint Statement on the ASEAN Community in a Global Community of Nations
- ASEAN Leaders’ Joint Statement on The Establishment of an ASEAN Institute for Peace and Reconlitiation
- Chair’s Statement of the 18th ASEAN Summit Jakarta, 7 – 8 May 2011 “ASEAN Community in a Global Community of Nations”